Monday 20 June 2011

Round 13 Recap: Eagles make Port look like 'Western Power'

I don't want to dwell too much on my title, but it is superb. The Eagles, while not as superb, did what they needed to do to take the points.

It was a game in which we were never really threatened. Port put some goals together a couple of times, but we responded. Like the Crows encounter, this performance showed our level of maturity as a group. We have begun to respond to challenges and beat teams whom we should beat.

The Interceptor-saurus (aka Shannon Hurn) was superb again. Not only does he have the ability to pierce the defensive veil but he can also kick goals. He kicked 3 yesterday. If his right leg were a woman...

Lecras also continues to be awesome. I know he was great prior to the glove, but it's taken him to the next level. Plus it gives him an edge, fashion wise.

We are now 5th on the ladder. Let us appreciate that for a few moments...

...

...

That felt good.

We've come along way, but how far can we go? Based on my predictions, we will finish 5th or 6th. But hell, what do I know?... Quite a lot actually, but that's not the point.

The point is this: Beat the Death Eaters and Lord Juddermort on Sunday and we can make the top 4. It's a mammoth task. But it was a mammoth task for us to make the finals this year. That mission is essentially achieved.


We haven't beaten the Blues since the Juddas fled. I would be lying if I said I were confident. But this is our time. We can shock the world, well like 0.000000000000000000001% of the world.

I can't wait. 5 days and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment