Saturday 11 June 2011

Round 12 Preview: Crows v Eagles

Morning all.

Apologies for the tardiness of this post, but following news of the selection of one 'Bradley Ebert' I was taken ill. I don't know what he did in the WAFL last week but I doubt whether in one week he has transformed himself into an AFL player.

Anyway, it's another critical game for the team this afternoon. The Crows have been abysmal this season. Their coach is probably on his way out. A couple of their young stars may flee to GWS. But at least they can rest in the knowledge that they are not Port Adelaide. At least more than 14 bogans in Ford jackets show up to their games.

We should beat them. If we do, for the first time this season there will be a 3 game differential between our 'wins' and 'losses'. 7-4. Incredible. Yet I'm not taking this one for granted. We looked tired and a little sloppy last week. Eking out a win against the Suns is not a good sign for form. This is a real test of our ability to win on the road against a lesser team.

In team news, other than Ebert, Kerr and Butler return. It's a comforting thought to have those two experienced hands return. Despite my reservations on Butler I will take him over Sheppard any day. Swift and Strijk are the other omissions.

Beware the wounded crow my friends. We might just lose an eye...or worse...a game.

2 comments:

  1. what are your reservations on butler? He's a great decision maker, I always feel safe when he has the ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always felt he's a little overrated. He's injured too much and some commentators seem to think that being a 'premiership player' implies talent.
    Though, he's been a very solid player this year.

    ReplyDelete