Wednesday 1 June 2011

Mid-Week Wrap; Garden Gnomes, Babies and Suns.

I think we should consider ourselves quite lucky in respect of the fixturing. Last week we played the best team in the comp, this week we play the (near) worst. That is to say, had it been the other way round the Collingwood loss would have been greater and the (expected) GC win possibly less. Not that I'm dismissing the GC, for as Worsfold has alluded to they are a very talented team whom we will face in the GF in a few years time (?). It should be fun, the Grand Final that is, not this week. I find it hard to get excited about playing such a poor side where we are expected to romp to victory. Anything less than a Darling-esque romp will be criticised.

More on that later in the week though. On to other news and it appears we may be without the services of Andrew Embley. His wife is due to give birth at any second and I have to say it's rather clever timing by the pair. Clearly, prior to achieving conception they looked at the fixturing and determined this was the game Embley could miss. Well played.

There also seems to be a few youngsters in the selection mix, with good WAFL form early in the season. I say play them. They can't be any worse than some of the first team regulars. I am resistant to name any particular players, but EBERT is one that does diddly-squat on a consistent basis. Though he is rather adept at taking strong contested marks on the wing. Pffftt.

In other slightly irrelevant news, I have recently discovered the West Coast Eagles Official Online Auction Site. I mean, most of it is out of my range, but it's still amusing to look at. Especially that Chris Masten's signed guernsey uis up to $105 and the reserve has not been reached. A couple of questions. How does it have 3 bids!? Secondly, what the hell is the reserve?
I did consider bidding on the garden gnome signed by Coach and Captain...but where to put it? It's all too weird for me.



Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment