Sunday 19 June 2011

Round 13 Preview: Eagles v Power

....

It's hard to get excited for games like these. We're expected to win by every man, woman and bogan (outside of SA). That's South Australia, not South Africa....I've been to South Africa (well an airport therein) and they seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Toblerone. It was everywhere.

"South Africa, proudly brought to you by Toblerone "


But I digress.

How do we 'win' when we already know we're going to win. I know I'm being complacent, but blame that on success not me. A 10 goal victory? Surviving the game with no injuries? I'm really not sure. I guess we should look to the performances of younger players and others under pressure.

Speaking of which, Swift replaces Masten as the only change for the side. I would usually take this opportunity to rag on Masten, how disappointing he has been, how he hasn't improved, how his facial hair is an affront to human dignity...but I won't today. Swift, from memory, has pointy hair...so good luck with that. Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how he fares.

I would have thought we would have seen some other youngsters included, but that is not the case. No Weedon, no Strijk, no Koby Stevens, No Brennan, still NO GAFF. What's the deal with the Gaffer? From the little we've seen he's been highly impressive. I especially like the fact he wears numero tre. The Juddas is Dead! Long Live the New Juddas!

Blogging of Juddas, we have a far more enticing matchup next week against the dark forces. We haven't beaten Juddas since he betrayed/left us. Even though it's in Melbourne, this is our greatest oppurtunity yet to do so.

On a related note, can you imagine if we won a premiership before Carlton did? I would be tempted to fly to Victoria find the Juddas, look right into his traitorous eyes and say:

I love you!

...I mean

In your face!

Hmmm...interesting tangent.

 I hope you enjoy a victorious weekend.

For more on my thoughts on Port Adelaide click here .

No comments:

Post a Comment