Thursday 27 September 2012

Post-Mortem News Roundup: Boring Brownlow, Kobe Quits, Smith Signs, Go Hawks!

I didn't watch any of the Brownlow, but I think I'm right in labelling it boring. Watson won, despite playing for Essendon, but blah blah blah. His father blah blah blah.

In terms of players that we have any interest in, or who actually played well throughout the season, instead of for 10 games like the above mentioned Watsonia, it was an indifferent evening I suppose. Selwood the younger finished equal 11th with 15 votes, whilst Shuey finished with 11 votes. Naitanui beat out Cox with 10 to the legend's 9. That is ridiculous in itself, but whatever.

In other irrelevant news Koby Stevens wants to actually play regularly for an AFL club and has sought a trade. Admittedly he only was given 11 games over 3 years, but it's not like he did anything good, ever. Bye Koby, thanks for the memories...and by memories I mean the fact that I kept thinking your name was 'Kobe'. Still, he was the 23rd selection overall in the 2009 draft, so it is disappointing he didn't live up to that billing. I can't really imagine him being a regular elsewhere though...perhaps the Demons? GWS? GCS? That team Fevola plays for?

Yet in good news, Ash Smith has signed on with the club. I had honestly forgotten he existed, but prior to injury he was an integral part of our backline early in the year. He adds further depth to what is already a very solid backline.

Finally, apparently there's a game on this weekend.
....
If for no other reason than the Swans are the most evil sporting organisation in the world, and they really don't deserve to be there, I will be supporting the Hawks. Any self-respecting Eagles fan human being should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment