Tuesday 18 September 2012

Post-Mortem: 4 Eagles in All-Average Team

Perhaps I'm still in a bad mood over the loss on the weekend, but I look at this year's supposed 'All-Australian Team' and think 'meh'. I doubt it would be a very good team.


I have a problem with players like Dempster, Watson, Cotchin, Milne and Deledio being named when I look as them as 'losers'. I also look at Milne as something else entirely which may also colour my opinion against him, but notwithstanding it looks an average team. I also hate Hawkins, because of his tiny shorts. And Dempster...well I kind of thought he had retired. Plus McPharlin is a very blah player isn't he?

Anyway, 4 Eagles got included. Glass of course. He had an absolutely stellar season and will play next year which is critical for our flag chances. Cox is another no-brainer. He's clearly the best ruckman in the league. Waters had a superb season and although he's known for his courage (which is incredible) he's so much more than that for us. The Hurn-Waters combo is the best in the league. Finally, Nic-Nat also got named...which I'm a little critical of. It's partially because he just didn't show up on the weekend. But more than that, he's highly inconsistent. Don't get me wrong I love watching the guy but he he has so much more improvement to make until he can be considered one of the best. Then again, I guess there aren't too many really great ruckmen around besides Cox.

No comments:

Post a Comment