Friday 9 March 2012

Preseason Week 2 Recap: Eagles Win!... (Or So I'm Told)

Yes, there seems to be a general consensus around the football media that the Eagles did indeed prevail against Port last weekend. I don't think it was televised, so as far as I'm concerned it never really happened and doesn't properly count. Although, it is preseason and thus that can be said of all games. Except those in which we crush Fremantle. Like a couple of weeks ago. That counts and then some. Especially when the Dockers can't even move the ball 50 metres or so do such 'minor' things as...score.

Anyway, the stats suggest that Kerr, Masten (hmmm), Cox and Priddis were fairly prolific. Erm...I have nothing much else to add. Cox and Kerr played what appears to be significant time which is interesting. I'm not sure whether that's interesting in a positive or negative way just yet. I shall let you know in a few months.

Nic Naitanui, on the other hand, had a pressing engagement and thus couldn't participate. Or he chucked a sickie so he could participate in the NBA All-Star Dunking Comp...or something slightly less cool.
At least it was televised:


Not bad, but I'd prefer he didn't partake in such antics. Anything can happen! ANYTHING!



Thankfully, Naitanui has his hair to protect him. His wondrous, beautiful hair. Am I the only one that would like to touch it? In a totally non homo-erotic way I assure you. Well, mostly non homo-erotic.

So apparently, Nic's dunk was divisive. To be honest though, I would prefer he didn't. Because I'm selfish and I want him to play for us for the next say 10 years. But, some people should 'chillax'. 

Finally, we might make the Grand Final of the illustrious NAB Cup! I don't know how or why or whatever but I read it somewhere. So there.

Stay tuned for the final part of my '12 Predictions for 2012'. It is going to be epic.





No comments:

Post a Comment