Friday 17 February 2012

(Heart)Breaking News: Lecras to Miss Season

Our worst fears have been realised. One of our best players will miss the 2012 season after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.
I'm honestly stunned by this. The vision I saw on the news a couple of days ago seemed to suggest nothing too serious. But I suppose that is often the way with these types of injuries.
It goes without saying that it's terrible news for both Lecras and the team. Thoughts of Lecca playing some role in our midfield are dashed. The comfort of knowing we have his prowess in front of goal is also gone.
I feel rather desolute at this point. He's probably the one player we didn't want to lose as we really have no obvious replacement. You can't replace talent or class.
This is a chance for others to step up, but all I can think of is Hams right now. That is a scary proposition.
Get well soon Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment