Tuesday 30 April 2013

News: Eagles Have Mad Monday

Not 'Mad Monday' in the sense that the season's over and all the players act like fools. Because, to be honest, didn't that happen Saturday night?...(too soon?)

No, mad because quite a few things happened. The day started with Chris Masten tweeting an apology for being crap. He wasn't good, but I don't feel like he should be held accountable for what was a team meltdown. In fact, I feel quite bad that he decided he had to say sorry. I assume he was receiving a lot of hate 'tweets', which is completely uncalled for. Hate tweet the club if anyone.

Then Nic Naitanui's injury status was upgraded to 'test'. Could he actually return this weekend? I hope so, if only because I'm going to the game. The Eagles are decidedly vanilla when the big fella isn't out there. Plus, if he's fit then put him in because there is no easy games for this team at the moment.

Kerr also said some interesting things about the loss, saying "It is as disappointing a game as I have been involved in … I am still in shock now." It's good to hear and seems to reflect how most of us still feel.  He also raises the impact of Priddis' early exit. Although it was a blow, it's hard to see how a fresh Cripps in the last quarter would've had the same impact as Robbie Gray. Cripps is reminding me a lot of Dr Swift.

Finally, Darren Glass was suspended 2 games for bumping Paul Stewart. Disappointing loss but that's the modern game. Apparently we are appealing, which could lead to a 3 game ban. It looks cut and dry to me.  But who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment