Saturday 14 April 2012

Round 3 Preview: Eagles Win!

No, there is no error in the title. I have seen the future my friends and let me tell you...WE WIN! If you thought the Demons game was a demolition then well...you were right, but this will be bigger.
Okay I haven't seen the future. But we are going to win. The Minnows know it, we know it, I know it, you know it, this guy knew it...

"Eagles by 167"

Safe in this knowledge, the Eagles have made several omissions thinly veiled under the veneer of 'injuries'. Priddis (quad), Rosa (quad) and Glass (groin) will all stay home. Although the club argues they are legitimately injured, they're not fooling anyone. I don't care. In fact I think it would've been nice to rest Kerr and Cox and others...but then we may not have enough players to field. I mean, sure, we would still beat GWS with 15 guys, but it would be just too arrogant. Kind of like the title of this post, but the GWS don't have any fans to complain so I should be fine.

 Embley will also miss around 16 weeks after undergoing shoulder injury, which, as I try to maintain a positive outlook, will mean he is ready to rejoin us as we push for a flag. At this point injuries may be one of the few things holding us back. Lecras and Embley are in our top 10 players. Nicoski is a permanent fixture in our forward line. But, as I have argued before, the team's success is a system thing. Sure, the loss of talent hurts but we can overcome it by solid efforts from replacements.
Mitch Brown. Dalziell, McG and Koby Stevens (hereafter known as simply 'Kobe') are the lucky inclusions.

As it is a given that we will win, I thought I would preview 5 aspects to the game which may keep it mildly interesting.

1. Margin
GWS didn't kick a goal in the first half last week. The Roos won by 129. We are far better than the Roos. Will the Giants rise for their first home game and keep it below 100 points? I doubt it. Look to 150 I say.


2. Cox and Nic-Nat vs Giles
Giles is a real player. Well, fantasy football wise. I haven't really watched him. But I'm told he is good....so hmmm.

3. JJK's Kicking
Brilliant in Round 1 with 7.1. Atrocious in Round 2 with 1.4. It's important he finds form ahead of next week's blockbuster against the Hawks. Plus, imagine how many he could kick if does get going against the inexperienced backline of the Giants.

4. H² Goals (Hill/Hams)
I admit I am a little obsessed with Hill. He's like a new toy. But his and Ham's production is critical to filling the Lecras-Nicoski gap. 5 and 6 between them in the first 2 weeks.

5.The Replacements

Huge opportunity for these guys. Dalziell has been especially disappointing since trekking over from Brisbane. But to be fair he never really showed all that much for the Lions. Brown and McG are both solid contributors who are probably unlucky not to be regulars. As for Kobe, well I can never remember anything about this guy. I know a lot of dream-teamers thought he would be a good inclusion this year. If I come away from this game remembering what Kobe looks like it will be a success.

---------------------------------------------

In other news. Check this out. Disappointing efforts all round. Especially the fact there are no Lakers Jerseys.

No Nic-Nat dunk though, so relax Mick. He is wearing a Lebron James jersey though...ew.




No comments:

Post a Comment