Saturday 16 July 2011

Round 17 Preview: Saints v Eagles

I didn't bother to recap the Cats victory. The game blogged for itself. An amazing performance in an amazing season.

The top 4 now beckons. Based on my predictions, we will easily finish 4th. Yet, we must not get complacent. Tonight's game is going to be difficult. The Saints are semi-improved on their early season form. How much improved? I guess we find that out tonight.

Kerr is out with the dreaded 'soreness', whilst Swift and McGinnity have been omitted. Kerr's a significant loss, but we gain Waters, Lynch and Gaff. I hope Gaff isn't the sub, I want to see what the kid has got over the length of a match. After all, he was pick 4 in the draft. Waters is a backline general.... but we already have 2 in Hurn and Glass...so I guess he can be a colonel or major or something. The point is he is a hard nut. Not pea not almond but macadamia. You need a vice to crack this bastard. Or just touch his elbow with a feather and he's out for 12 weeks (I kid). Lynch is also from the family Proteaceae. He is integral to our forward structure, irregardless of his jerkishness in front of goal.

The Saints are a dreadfully boring team (except off field). They have all the charm of Koschitzke and the beauty of Steven Milne. Yet, they can still restrict teams fairly well.

I don't think well enough though. The loss of Kerr does place some added pressure on Shuey and Priddis, but if we play our game we should win. As long as we don't fall asleep....

Let's rock the dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment