Friday 8 July 2011

Round 16 Preview: Eagles v Cats

If an eagle fought a cat in the 'real world' we know who would win...or do we? It would depend on various factors; the type of cat/eagle, their respective sizes, age, experience in battle etc. The same considerations apply in the 'football world'. One big factor is the players available to each team.

This is an indirect way of expressing my concern over a couple of key omissions. The much-maligned (by me) Sam Butler (herafter known as Jeeves) is out with injury (shock horror) whilst Mr Q himself has been suspended. Earlier this week I heard reports of the imminent return of Beau Waters, but these have been made false by today's team news. Alas, two experienced players out. In comes a big 'meh' and a slight 'damn' in Pat McGinnity. An okay player, but he doesn't replace either of Jeeves or Q. Koby Stevens also returns for his first game this year. I honestly don't remember the guy, at all. Well, I remember his name. Apparently he played 5 games last year. No surprise that I don't recall him, as I have stated before last year is a blur of horribleness.

The notable omission for the Cats is Mackie (blah). In comes Varcoe and Corey.

 Those 'outs' for us hurt, but we are still going to win. Call me crazy, but I don't rate the Cats, not to the extent that their record might suggest I should. I don't even care about their loss last week. They may try to bounce back, but we are fresh off the bye, full of confidence and on our home turf.

 Needless to say, I hate the Cats. They are smarmy bastards; the epitomy of blandness, the darlings of the AFL media. Seriously, when Walls talks about them someone is liable to get poked in the eye (if you get my drift). I look back to '07 and think we could have done them that year. Obviously injuries stymied any chance of that, but such is life.

Anyway, massive game in prime time. It's critical to our top 4 chances, with Hawthorn and Carlton nigh certainties to win this week.There's no reason to be apprehensive. It's a new era. We crushed the Dockers. We dismantled the Juddas. The Cats are next.

No comments:

Post a Comment