Tuesday 29 March 2011

Footy Classified treats Eagles with disrespect

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the Victorian-centric AFL media, but it was rather disappointing to see the bozos the crew treat the Eagles with such disrespect last night. I'm not even referring to the rather dismissive treatment they gave the game (where they indicated it was the heat that won the game for us). It was the time they gave to Mark Lecras'  injury which left me angry. They seemed to find it rather amusing before Hutchy stated "He'll be fine". About 10 minutes later they corrected this with the news that he will be out for 7-10 weeks. The point is that if it was the best player from any other team, they wouldn't have been so half-assed and disrespectful. I can't understand how they didn't know he was seriously injured. Again, any other team and they would have spent 10-15 minutes dissecting the injury and the ramifications. Even when we were succesful I doubt these people would have given us the time of day. I can't forget Robert Walls' constant criticism of the Eagles and our off-field problems. The same people are quick to defend the antics of teams like Collingwood and StKilda, where it could be argued there have been more serious issues.

I should expect it, but I won't excuse it.


Until next time
the Misanthropic Eagle

2 comments:

  1. But what do you expect with the hacks on the show in Caroline Wilson, Gary Lyon and Hutchy... They are has beens!

    btw Robert Walls is just sooky because he did not get the coaching job but instead it was between Worsfold and Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has beens or never were-beens (?) in Hutchy and Caroline's cases.
    Gee can you imagine if Walls were Eagles coach? Might have nightmares about that one...

    ReplyDelete