Monday 31 March 2014

Round 2 Recap: Just Like Last Year.

Were you embarrassed watching that demolition? No, me neither. But good God man/woman!

For although Roos is now standing where Neeld (remember that guy?) stood last year, the result was the same. The Dees are STILL the whipping boys of the comp, an unmitigated disaster of a football team, undeserving of playing in the league.

I wonder if Garry Lyon will spend time this week trawling over everything that Jamie Bennell did wrong? I wouldn't put it past him.

Yet I honestly don't derive all that much pleasure out of games like that. Sure, 4 points is good. Yes, percentage is a plus. Undoubtedly, our confidence is now sky-high. But, do we really want to see games like that?

Still, our performance was just like last week; powerful and unrelenting. We operated at a level far beyond the minions that we faced. It was a polished performance by a talented group.

I don't think I can write much about this game. Essentially everyone played well. Kennedy found form and kicked 5, Nic Nat did a few good things, the defence was untroubled and the midfield dominant. I even thought Sheppard showed signs of life after starting as the sub.

The only negative from the day was the knee injury suffered by Shannon Hurn. He will miss at least 2 weeks.

We play the Dees again in Round 22. That should be fun.

Next up is the undefeated Saints. I don't expect them to remain unbeaten for long.

Oh and we're on top of the perch, which is...nice.

1 comment: