Friday 12 August 2011

Round 21 Preview: Dees v Eagles

Apologies for the dormancy of the blog, but my reasons are twofold. Primarily, early semester uni related study.  Also I really had nothing to say about the Richmond game, before or after. It was always going to be a cakewalk or at least a muffinwalk or a cookiewalk or a even a beerwalk. The Tigers are quite the disgrace, really embarrassing and we're like...awesome. The game reflected that.

One comment I would make is that I was unimpressed with the medal winners. I can partially accept Kerr, but Naitaniu was just okay. He had a good 10 minute patch, but nothing more, nothing less.  Shuey was great. But I don't really care.

On to the Melbourne game. I expect us to win this one too. We thrashed them earlier in the year and are a far superior team. Yet, beware the wounded...demon. I've been (re)watching quite a bit of Buffy lately and two things are clear. One, SMG is amazing...even as a cavewoman (see season 4 episode entitled 'Beer Bad')


 Secondly, and more pertinently, Demons can be troublesome, especially when motivated.

Are these Demons motivated? They should be. They've been killed the last couple of weeks. Their coach was recently sacked and they get a bunch of decent players back. Jamar and Sylvia are the headliners.

Furthermore, our team news is unsettling. Glass and Rosa are out. Glass with general soreness. I actually think this is real 'soreness' as opposed to Kerr soreness. He's resting and it's understandable. I'm sure I-can't-kick-to-save-my-own-life McKenzie can guard Melbourne's big forward who is of course...um...is Schwarz still playing?

The Rosa omission is more troubling. He was having an okay year (overrated in my opinion) but then the Richmond dufus decided to be all dufusy. It happens. I think he's a key player in the sense that he is solid. Unremarkable for sure, but far better than any possible replacement.

Masten is out. Insert obligatory insult here.

In good news, JJK is back. So is Hams. I know he had a great WAFL game, but he's not the answer as a small forward. I just don't think he's up to it. Against Melbourne however...he could kick 5 goals.

Still, I think the Dees may push us hard in this game. They will surely show something this week. Or we will destroy them. Or lose. What do I know? I'm just a humble blogger.

It's a bit of a shame it's not at the G. It would be nice to play there again before the qualifying finals...

In related top 4 news, Go Dockers! At least until the final siren tomorrow, then we can go back to holding them in utter contempt. The purple fools.




No comments:

Post a Comment