Sunday 22 May 2011

Round 9 Preview: Eagles v Bulldogs

Greetings all.

Another week, another opportunity to consolidate our place in the top 8. This week we face the Dogs, an inconsistent yet highly polished side.

Form may suggest otherwise, but I think we face a stern test on Sunday. Although Cooney, aka the worm, is out, they still have plenty of quality midfielders; Boyd, Cross and Libba Jnr.

Barry is listed as an emergency...remember him? That guy that played in that GF when he should have been suspended? The one that KO'd Staker. I know I do. But to be honest who didn't feel like KO'ing Staker? He was useless. Nearly as useless as the guy we got in return for him; Mr Dalziell.. 
Anyway, I wonder if Hall might come in as a late change. 
Hall or no Hall, they piled on the goals last week, with Gilbee kicking 6. I know it was against Richmond but they are still a dangerous side.

In terms of our side, the two late derby withdrawals, Kerr and Embley, are both named. The Gaffer and Sheppard are out. Though I imagine there's a chance Kerr and Embley may still miss this one. 
Regardless, play like we did last week and we probably win. I honestly believe that we can roll with pretty much any team.

I'm sure my confidence will be shattered at some stage, possibly Today. More probably next week when we face Team Eddie and his debaucherous Magpies.

Mis. Eagle




No comments:

Post a Comment